Wednesday, March 31, 2021

TRUTH SEEKER: Now Available for Pre-Order!

“The willingness to lose everything to find true, lasting freedom!”

Hello dear friends!

I have some BIG NEWS. My long-awaited second book, Truth Seeker: A Spiritual Adventure of Love, Loss, and Liberation is available now for preorder on Amazon Kindle – and will be ready in paperback on April 12!

Here is the link to preorder:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091BKLZ49

I am THRILLED to share this with you.

Such a long time coming! I published The Adventures of Bindi Girl: Diving Deep Into the Heart of India in 2012. I became pregnant immediately afterward with my second book! Can you imagine? Pregnant for nine years? It was beyond uncomfortable. Cankles and cravings, mood swings and meltdowns don’t even begin to describe it.

At my tiny, small-town post office the other day, mailing off advance review copies to readers around the globe, the post office worker said, “You send a lot of books! Are you an author?”

“Yes,” I replied. “It is NOT fun. Don’t ever say you want to write a book.”

“Oh!” she responded. “Another woman who comes in here is also an author. She told me I should definitely try writing a book, that it’s a wonderful thing!”

Yeah… well…

Different strokes for different folks!

Notwithstanding the crushing and horrifically grueling process of “killing one’s darlings (or babies)” – the dark term referring to throwing out massive chunks of your own cherished writing to make the work stronger – the reason Truth Seeker has been so challenging to shape, finish, edit, publish is that it shows not the finished, nicely wrapped up product of intense spiritual and psychological work, but rather, the book exposes the process. The guts of it all. What it’s really like to have a major existential meltdown, to be “ready to die,” to chuck everything and surrender in India. To risk everything to find true, lasting freedom. To find one’s teacher and to be released from the shackles of suffering and seeking.

In writing Truth Seeker, first I had to LIVE it, then I had to write about it while I was being torn to bits, and then I had to put it all together in a coherent fashion, then clean it all up to make it into a professional, polished work of art.

During the last painful weeks of work, I thought of Fleetwood Mac and the making of the album Rumours (there’s a great documentary on Amazon Prime about it). Stevie Nicks, Lindsay Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine and John McVie reveal about how incredibly long the process took and how arduously painful it was. They were in a bunker-style situation in a Sausalito studio for over a year. More money, more writing and arranging; no sleep, strung out, relationships coming and going – and all the while deeply committed to the art.

It had to be right. It had to be beautiful art. And it had to tell the truth.

The result? Rumours is a masterpiece, and almost 45 years later, it is still being thoroughly loved, appreciated, adored by fans new, young, and old.

I am not saying my book is another Rumours (one never knows). But, it is most definitely my personal Rumours.  My “Dreams.” My “Silver Springs” (hidden track!). And my “Chain.”

My Dreams for Truth Seeker

This morning I asked myself, what do I wish for Truth Seeker?

I wish for many, many folks to read it. To enjoy it. To feel less alone. To be inspired.

This book is…

For those who are having or have had a serious existential crisis.

For those who have had their own experience of a personal hell.

For those who are suffering, spiritually, mentally, emotionally.

For those who feel they can’t go on anymore, or who felt that way in their past.

It is also…

For those who love yoga, meditation, or mindfulness.

For those spiritual practitioners who have been practicing a while, and experience some benefits, but are not feeling the deep relief and peace they seek.

For those who are drawn to India, or exotic, off-the-beaten path travel.

For those who are drawn to Eastern philosophies like Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Tantra, Zen, Taoism.

And it is…

For those who have been unlucky in love, and wonder “what is wrong with me?”

For those who dream of falling in love, but can’t seem to make it work. Ever.

For those who straight-up appreciate memoirs, women’s memoirs, spiritual memoirs, travel memoirs.

For those who need strength to keep going. A good laugh. A good cry…

And a good read.

Thank you in advance for reading Truth Seeker! When you do, please leave a review on Amazon and Goodreads if you are so inclined and inspired! And tell your friends!

If you preorder here today, it will be delivered to your Kindle automatically on April 12! OF COURSE I’ll send out another email when the paperback goes live the same day!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091BKLZ49

(Bonus good karma points to repost the link to share with friends!)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

A deep bow to you and all the readers.

With love,

Erin

“Erin Reese’s excellent new book Truth Seeker is a deep dive into the heart, dedication, and courage that is required in spiritual awakening. This book isn’t merely about truth seeking; it’s about truth finding. At first glance the book appears to be about a journey into the spiritual cornucopia of India, but the book is far more than this.  It’s an inspirational nudge into the deepest depths of your own heart. Do you have the courage? The dedication? I highly recommend this book to both glistening spiritual newbies and jaded old-timers.  After reading I was left in a beautiful, resonant heartfelt state.  This alone is worth the price of admission.”

– J. Stewart Dixon, author of Spirituality for Badasses: How to Find Inner Peace and Happiness Without Losing Your Cool


No comments :

Post a Comment